Certificate IV in Hospitality
Qualification Code: SIT40416 | CRICOS Course Code: 093170A
This qualification reflects the role of skilled operators who use a broad range of hospitality service, sales or operational skills combined with supervisory skills and sound knowledge of industry operations to plan, monitor and evaluate the work of team members. They operate independently or with limited guidance from others, and use discretion to solve non-routine problems. This qualification provides a pathway to work as a supervisor in hospitality organisations.
Total 21 units must be completed in order to successfully achieve this qualification. 9 core units of competency AND 12 elective units of competency. 25% of the course is online.
Pathway from the qualification are to further study in our SIT50416 Diploma of Hospitality Management, or a range of other Diploma qualifications.
- Use hygienic practices for hospitality service
- Communicate electronically
- Source and use information on the hospitality industry
- Access and interpret product information
- Show social and cultural sensitivity
- Work effectively with others
- Coach others in job skills
- Provide service to customers
- Provide responsible service of alcohol*
- Participate in safe work practices
- Use hygienic practices for food safety*
- Prepare and serve espresso Coffee*
- Serve food and beverage
- Process financial transaction
- Work Effectively in Hospitality Service #
# This will be conducted in the workplace,
* These units will be delivered by “The Coffee School”
- Identify hazards, assess and control safety practices
- Implement and monitor work health and safety practices
- Monitor work operation
- Lead and manage people
- Manage finances within a budget
- Prepare and monitor budgets
What will I get from this course?
Job roles related to this course:
- Front office supervisor or team leader
- Duty manager or Shift manager
Skills you will be developing:
- Communicating effectively with operational staff & negotiating acceptable solutions to problems and complaints.
- Developing Initiative and enterprise skills to improve operational and service efficiency in the hospitality sector.
- Planning and organising tasks to deliver a positive service outcome for hospitality customers.
- Improving problem-solving skills as well as using discretion & judgement to implement predetermined policies and procedures.
- Having knowledge & understanding of legal compliance issues and providing advice to team members.
- Motivating and leading teams