Certificate IV in Information Technology
Qualification Code: ICT40115 | CRICOS Course Code: 086519B
More than an introduction to the IT field, this course serves as a direct entry into the market, providing students with competencies across a broad range of Information and Communications Technology (ICT) contexts: from hardware and software knowledge to basic networking, website and database development, programming and general IT support.
Total 20 units must be completed in order to successfully achieve this qualification.
5 core units of competency AND 15 elective units of competency
Pathway from the qualification are to further study in our ICT15 Diploma of Information Technology, or a range of other Diploma qualifications.
- Workplace Safety and Sustainability
- Professional Ethics and Communication in IT
- Business Analysis
- Developing and Delivering Technical Documentation
- Software Development Methodologies
- Automate Processes
- Introductory Programming
- Basic Web Design
- Manage Simple Projects
What will I get from this course?
Job roles related to this course:
- IT Technician/Customer Support
- Information Systems
- User Support Technician
- Network Operations Technician
Skills you will be developing:
- Troubleshooting and running diagnostic tests
- Providing solutions to hardware or software faults
- Selecting, installing and using computer software
- Hardware products based on analysis of technical needs
- Producing documents
- Liaising with clients
- Consulting with end users to determine requirement sign-off